Sweet Potato Biscuits
Makes 24 small biscuits which are : GF DF EF SyF NF V Vg
This recipes also makes the perfect base for spices like paprika and cayenne for a more grown up cocktail biscuit, just make sure to roll them as thinly as possible.
- 75g plain gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 30g Pure Dairy Free Spread
- 60g sweet potato puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar (optional, or more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180°c. If you don’t have ready made sweet potato puree, peel, chop & steam 1 medium sweet potato. Allow to cool, and blend with 2-3 tbsp dairy free milk to form a smooth puree before weighing the correct amount.
- Mix together the plain flour and baking powder, then rub in the dairy free spread with your fingertips to form a breadcrumb-like texture.
- Add the sweet potato puree, and mix until it forms a wet dough. # Roll or pat the dough out onto a floured surface, as thinly as possible, and cut out your desired shapes.
- Place the shapes on an un-greased silicone mat/baking tray and sprinkle with the spices and sugar (if using).
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes until crisp and starting to brown. Leave to cool before eating. Store in an airtight container.
Get more of Carly B’s recipes on www.glutenfreeb.com.